- Published on Saturday, 16 March 2013 11:37
- Hits: 1934
As individuals, how can we become involved in this campaign?
Take the Pledge.
"Plant" your Food & Water First signs on your lawns, bumper stickers on your cars (all these will be available through our sign depots and participating organizations and communities), answer our Calls to Action, sign up and participate in Food & Water First Facebook and Twitter, attend our awareness events and spread the word. Keep up to date by visiting www.ndact.com and the Food & Water First website.
I am an organization or business that would like to participate, how do I become involved?
2. Read and sign the pledge.
You will be emailed the "Toolkit", which has easy to follow instructions.
Details and Frequently Asked Questions
What are Food & Water First Communities and Organizations?
Organizations and communities that have signed the Food & Water First Pledge, have agreed to the program and become Food & Water First participants.
The pledge and details of participation (the Food & Water First package) can be viewed on page 8 of the presentation.
Summarize the details of the Food & Water First package.
Firstly, in order to get our message of Food & Water First spread throughout the province, we need to involve other communities and organizations that value the prioritization of preserving Ontario's prime farmland and source water regions.
Those willing communities and organizations are presented with The Food & Water First package.
Participants sign a pledge stating: We hearby pledge to protect Ontario's prime farmland and source water regions. We will make every effort to preserve the land and water that sustain us now and for future generations. We will put food and water first.
- They become "partners" and their logo is posted on the Food & Water First website partners page.
- They provide a weekly "agri-fact" - the importance of food and water and post it on their website/Facebook/Twitter
- They purchase Food & Water First signs with their website on the bottom and distribute the signs to their customers for "planting" to spread the word
- The Food & Water First website will include a blog with updates as well as links to their partners facbook and Twitter accounts where information and calls to action are shared with the FB and Twitter communities
- All this will help drive provincial policy change